NOTE: My website and recordings will help you to separate yourself from these toxic thoughts and learn what is the spiritual dimension of these thoughts as opposed to just changing the toxic thought patterns they represent. Ministry and Healing prayer are a fundamental catalyst to help you on your way. Dr Leaf's work is instrumental in quickly renewing the mind.
NEW!!! info on RENEW YOUR MIND page
Thought based templates now available for download.
Includes Column Based templates similar to those used by Dr Caroline Leaf. NOTE: This is NOT a substitute.
These are for personal use only.
Dr Caroline Leaf is bringing great validity to this proven scientific breakthrough. I encourage you to access her books, videos, and app called the "21 Day Brain Detox". If you are ready to embrace change and choose LIFE, click here. http://drleaf.com/
Taken from: http://www.ccsng.com/21daybraindetox.html
Instructions: Work through these before starting
TERMS YOU WILL BE USING:
YouTube Dr Leaf
goes into the Mind through the 5 sensesReflect (Think)Think about the information received
2 Cor 10:5, Rom 12:2, Gen 11:6, Heb 11:1, Phil 4:8Journal (metacog)Write it down
Conscious and Unconscious thoughts on ink and paper
Removing Toxic Thoughts and thinking Healthy ThoughtsRevisit (Recheck)Analysis
Decide what to do / respond
Refer to Scripture - what has God instructed you to do already
Rom 12:2Reach (Output)Reach out
Faith without work is U.S.E.L.E.S.S.
Confession without foundation -lack of INTEGRITY
James 2:20, Rom 10:9-10, Prov 23:7
Controlling Your Toxic Thoughts
By Dr Caroline Leaf
75% to 95% of the illnesses that plague us today are a direct result of our thought life. What we think about affects us physically and emotionally. It's an epidemic of toxic emotions.
The average person has over 30,000 thoughts a day. Through an uncontrolled thought life, we create the conditions for illness; we make ourselves sick! Research shows that fear, all on its own, triggers more than 1,400 known physical and chemical responses and activates more than 30 different hormones. There are INTELLECTUAL and MEDICAL reasons to FORGIVE! Toxic waste generated by toxic thoughts causes the following illnesses: diabetes, cancer, asthma, skin problems and allergies to name just a few. Consciously control your thought life and start to detox your brain!
Medical research increasingly points to the fact that thinking and consciously controlling your thought life is one of the best ways, if not the best way of detoxing your brain. It allows you to get rid of those toxic thoughts and emotions that can consume and control your mind.
Change in your thinking is essential to detox the brain. Consciously controlling your thought life means not letting thoughts rampage through your mind. It means learning to engage interactively with every single thought that you have, and to analyze it before you decide either to accept or reject it.
How do you go about doing that? By "looking" at your mental processes. That may sound like a strange, if not impossible thing to do. After all, it's not as if you can just crack open your skull like an egg and have a look at what is going on inside your brain.
It is possible, however, to look at your mental processes. In fact, it is not just possible, it is essential.
For example consider the following:
Sins of the Grandfathers
Science is showing us that the life experiences, thoughts and decisions of grandparents and even great-grandparents change their eggs and sperm so indelibly that this is passed onto their children up to 4 generations…this sounds a lot like the scripture “the iniquities of the father reach to the third and fourth generations” (Numbers 14:18)! As I love to point out: science is finally catching up with the bible.
This scriptural principal is scientifically termed: transgenerational epigenetic inheritance and basically means something outside the cell (diet, exercise, thoughts, nurturing) changes the “on/off” switches on the genes of the DNA in sperm and eggs.
Scientists has known for a while about these switches -clusters if atoms called methyl groups – but the fact that they can pass through the generations and that these tags can be reset is a new idea. Research labs around the world are are finding that experiences -lab rats being exposed to substances; people overeating; the decisions we make – leave a very tenacious imprint, an actual change in the switches.
These transgenerational effects can be healthy or toxic; for example what happened to your mother during her youth can affect your memory positively or negatively.
But....Here’s the GREAT news: no matter what happened, your gift, which is your ability to think in your unique way, can be used to change any epigenome you have created or that passed through to you through the generations. It’s up to you, your “I-factor”.
Managing STRESS: Mind Controls Matter
Stress stage one is normal. This is our alert state that keeps us focused and conscious and is the state we are in when we are thinking in alignment with God. Stress stage two and stage three, however, are our mind and body’s response to toxic thinking—normal stress gone wrong. Even a little bit of these negative levels of stress from a little bit of toxic thinking has far-reaching consequences for mental and physical health.
The dictionary defines stress as “a condition typically characterized by symptoms of mental and physical tension or strain, as depression or hypertension, that can result from a reaction to a situation in which a person feels threatened, pressured, etc.” Synonyms for stress include anxiety, nervousness, fearfulness, apprehensiveness, impatience, fear, tenseness, and restlessness.
Here are just a few statistics confirming that 75 to 98 percent of mental and physical illness comes from one’s thought life:
• A study by the American Medical Association found that stress is a factor in 75 percent of all illnesses and diseases that people suffer from today.
• The association between stress and disease is a colossal 85 percent.
• The International Agency for Research on Cancer and the World Health Organization have concluded that 80 percent of cancers are due to lifestyle and not genetics, and this is a conservative number.
• According to Dr. Bruce Lipton, a scientist who has made great strides in understanding the effect of our thinking on our brain, gene disorders like Huntington’s chorea, beta thalassemia, and cystic fibrosis, to name a few, affect less than 2 percent of the population. This means the vast majority of the world’s population comes into this world with genes that should enable them to live happy and healthy lives. Lipton says a staggering 98 percent of diseases are related to lifestyle choices—in other words, our thinking.
• According to Dr. H. F. Nijhout, genes control biology and not the other way around.
• According to W. C. Willett, only 5 percent of cancer and cardiovascular patients can attribute their disease to hereditary factors.
• The American Institute of Health estimates that 75–90 percent of all visits to primary care physicians are for stress-related problems. Some of the latest negative stress statistics causing illness as a result of toxic thinking are eye-opening.
The main point of this article is that mind controls matter. If we get this right, we have enormous potential to reach peak health. If we get it wrong, we will be our own worst enemies.
References: Switch on Your Brain
See this VIDEO (27mins) to learn how to manage Stress and make the right choices
Words reflect the thoughts and emotions of the speaker because every word was first a thought and an emotion. They are electro magnetic forces that cause real and lasting change both in the ears of the listener and you. And words really do cause pain. Researchers have shown that hurt feelings from words affect the same area in the brain – the cingulate gyrus – as a broken bone or physical injury. So the old Scottish nursery rhyme of “sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me” is most certainly not true. Experts have also found that loving words help heal and rewire this pain. Words are the symbolic output of the exceptional processes happening on micro anatomical, epigenetic and genetic levels in the brain. They contain power to make or break you, your loved ones, your colleagues and your friends.
C-reactive Protein and How Our Bodies React To Toxic Thought
Written by Dr. Caroline Leaf "Do not be anxious about anything..." Philippians 4:6
This biblical admonition does not just have spiritual and mental implications, but physical as well. In fact our bodies react to physical attack, whether it be by trauma or infection, and mental alarm in a similar fashion by a process called inflammation . Inflammation involves different types of white blood cells and various substances including many different types of cytokines . Inflammation, if short-lived, is beneficial, however if it is prolonged it can physically damage the brain and body.
Among the substances first released in the inflammatory process is the appropriately named C-reactive protein, a five-part protein produced in the liver . Researchers have found that worrying about a past stressful event, known as rumination, is associated with persistently high levels of C-reactive protein in the blood, indicating chronic inflammation in the body . Chronic inflammation is associated with mental and physical disorders.
We cannot control our circumstances; however we can control our reactions to those circumstances. It seems our reactions can be measured by C-reactive protein. If we react the wrong way, we can damage our brain and body. We have to take heed to what St. Paul goes on to say from the scripture mentioned above:
"...but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus". Philippians 4:6b-7.
1. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2014 Nov;49:244-52. Post-stress rumination predicts HPA axis responses to repeated acute stress. Gianferante D, Thoma MV, Hanlin L, Chen X, Breines JG, Zoccola PM, Rohleder N.Health Psychol. 2014 Dec;33(12):1606-9. Differential effects of poststressor rumination and distraction on cortisol and C-reactive protein. Zoccola PM, Figueroa WS, Rabideau EM, Woody A1, Benencia F. Stress Health. 2014 Aug;30(3):188-97. Cardiovascular and affective consequences of ruminating on a performance stressor depend on mode of thought. Zoccola PM, Rabideau EM, Figueroa WS, Woody A. Clin Schizophr Relat Psychoses. 2014 Jan;7(4):223-30. C-reactive protein levels in schizophrenia: a review and meta-analysis. Miller BJ1, Culpepper N2, Rapaport MH3. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2000 Apr;30(2):133-43. Review: Biology and relevance of C-reactive protein in cardiovascular and renal disease. Westhuyzen J1, Healy H.
2. Immunobiology: The Immune System in Health and Disease. 5th edition. Janeway CA Jr, Travers P, Walport M, et al. New York: Garland Science; 2001. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK10757 / 3. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2000 Apr;30(2):133-4
3. Review: Biology and relevance of C-reactive protein in cardiovascular and renal disease. Westhuyzen J, Healy H.
4. Health Psychol. 2014 Dec;33(12):1606-9. Differential effects of poststressor rumination and distraction on cortisol and C-reactive protein. Zoccola PM, Figueroa WS, Rabideau EM, Woody A1, Benencia F.
HOW PRAYER AFFECTS THE BRAIN: PRAYER AND HEALING
Prayer '..keeps our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus' (Philippians 4:7 KJV). We will briefly explore what this means for the brain.
It has been found that 12 minutes of daily focused prayer over an 8 week period can change the brain to such an extent that it can be measured on a brain scan . This type of prayer seems to increase activity in brain areas associated with social interaction compassion and sensitivity to others. It also increases frontal lobe activity as focus and intentionality increase. As well as changing the brain, another study implies that intentional prayer can even change physical matter. Researchers found that intentional thought for 30 seconds affected laser light .
Therefore, even though toxic thoughts can cause brain damage, prayer can reverse that damage and cause the brain and body to thrive. There is growing interest in the power of prayer to change our brain and even matter itself. Even though as Christians we are cognizant of this by reading the Bible and from experience, it is nice to know science is now bearing this out. For References 1 and 2 see Dr Leaf's SCIENTIFIC PHILOSOPHY
On one of Dr Leaf's recent TV show episodes she addressed some of the research findings and implications relating to Prayer and the Brain and healing with Dr Avery Jackson - a Neurosurgeon . See this VIDEO LINK (28mins))